Property Disputes

Your home is your castle, but sometimes even castles come under attack and you find yourself having to defend your position. Any dispute will no doubt cause upset, anger or anxiety at having to confront a problem. You may have a dispute or problem upon which you need legal advice but you are worried about the possibility of becoming involved in a court case and how much it would cost. No matter the type or size of the dispute you can be assured that it will be handled professionally by an experienced solicitor who will advise and guide you through the whole process.

What we can help with

At Burley Geach we have vast experience in dealing with property problems for owners of flats, houses and other types of dwelling, or for landlords or tenants. We can assist you in resolving a wide range of disputes from those involving boundaries, party wall matters, drainage or rights of way, service charges or management fees to the removal of trespassers and making or opposing claims of adverse possession. We also offer advice and assistance relating to issues with rent arrears, repairs, maintenance and possession of tenanted properties.

Funding options

When you consult us for advice or instruct us to represent you in a dispute or claim it will be necessary to reach an agreement with you about paying our fees and those of the court or tribunal. We understand how worrying the costs of a dispute can be. There are a range of funding options which can be tailored to meet your needs dependent on the type and nature of the dispute, including fixed fees, hourly rates, legal expenses insurance, conditional fee agreements “no win, no fee” or financing. Not all funding options are suitable for all types of claims and disputes, but we will discuss this with you and answer any questions before proceeding.

To find out how we can help you resolve your dispute please contact your nearest Burley Geach office.