Anna-Jane is a solicitor and partner with the firm and a very experienced family solicitor, having practiced in this field for over 30 years. As an accredited member of Resolution, family mediator and collaborative lawyer she is committed to helping couples resolve issues which arise following a relationship breakdown without recourse to litigation whenever possible. However, whether a matter progresses through formal legal advice and action, mediation or the collaborative process, Anne-Jane will provide expert legal advice and guidance in order to resolve any children, finance or property issues.
- All aspects of family legal work including children disputes, finances, property and pensions.
- Issuing and advising clients on divorce proceedings, both undefended and defended.
- High net worth matters including those with farming & other business interests
- Family mediations covering children, property, finances and including direct consultation with children (where suitable).
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements, separation agreements, and cohabitee agreements.
- Divorce proceedings and inherited money
Representing a client in lengthy contested financial proceedings ancillary to a divorce involving complex issues including inherited wealth and physical disability.
- Collaborative Law
Supporting a client through the collaborative process successfully enabling the couple to reach agreement on matters of children, property, finances and pension sharing avoiding litigation, allowing the couple to take account of issues important to them that the court would not necessarily have been viewed as a priority including future inheritance tax planning (with input from financial experts within the process).
- Speedy mediation
Arranging and conducting a mediation over 2 days to accommodate a client’s work commitments abroad and to assist the couple to reach a detailed financial agreement swiftly.
- Mediation with parents and grandparents
Conducting a mediation involving parents and grandparents to reach an agreement as to the care of a young child where many competing interests and complex children issues were present including the involvement of the Local Authority and the courts.
- 3 Counties Family Law Collaborative Practice
Being founding members of the 3 Counties Family Law Collaborative Practice which is a Dispute Resolution POD offering mediation and collaborative assistance to couples with the involvement of Resolution trained family consultants and financial/tax experts where appropriate.
- Accredited Resolution member, Law Society Family Law Panel member
- FMC Accredited Family Mediator
- LAA recognised Family Mediator
- Resolution trained family mediator to conduct Child Inclusive Mediation (CIM)
- Resolution trained PPC to other family mediators
- Member of the Law Society Family Mediation Panel
- Resolution trained Collaborative Lawyer
In her spare time Anna-Jane enjoys spending time with her family, horse riding, running a bookclub, cooking, and never-ending gardening and decorating.Back to Our people