Robert is a solicitor and partner of the firm. Robert joined the firm in 1997 as an assistant solicitor, becoming a partner in 2009. Since qualification, Robert has specialised in private client matters, including Wills and Inheritance Tax Planning, Administration of Estates and Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection. Robert has particular expertise and interest in helping with the needs and requirements of the older client through his membership of Solicitors for the Elderly.
- Probate and administration of estates
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection
- General administration of the affairs of the elderly
- Inheritance tax planning
- Capital Gains Tax
- Court of Protection and orders from foreign courts
Obtaining an order of recognition and enforcement of a Court of Protection order issued by a foreign court.
- Estate administration and foreign assets
Dealing with a multi-jurisdictional estate involving assets in England, Isle of Man, Jersey and Brazil to include dealing with the accidental revocation of an English will by the Brazilian will.
- Rectification of a Will
Obtaining an order for rectification of a will where there had been drafting errors that meant the will was not clear and would not have been proved by the court.
- Settled Land Act Trust
Representing the trustees of a Settled Land Act trust created in 1959 to include consideration of whether potential beneficiaries born after that date were entitled to inherit.
- Foreign Grants of Probate
Dealing with the re-sealing in the probate court of England and Wales of foreign Grants of Probate.
- Managing the assets of others
Obtaining a deputyship order and thereafter managing assets of approximately £2.5 million
- Full member of the Society of Trust and Estate practitioners (STEP)
- Full Accredited member of the Solicitors for the Elderly
In his spare time Robert enjoys horse racing, travel and Egyptology.Back to Our people